- Always use the same size sprinkler heads.
- Check all sprinkler heads for leaks.
- Check out sprinkler heads while running.
- Check Timer.
- Check timer battery once a year.
- Check for leaks on sprinkler valves.
- Turn water off in winter months.
The sprinkler system can be automated so that it practically runs itself. Choosing the right sprinklers or drip system can help to make the best system that you can have. Keep in mind, however, that poorly designed or poorly installed underground systems can be as bad as or worse than a portable sprinkler.